Saturday, July 27, 2013

Boycott Rolling Stone

The whole Rolling Stone Magazine Cover thing pissed me off royally. If it doesn't piss you off, okay... whatever. On my end, I see slipping a terrorist of the cover of the magazine kinda like slipping a heroin pill into a box of tic-tacs. I could go on for days about this issue.

And if you don't see it, well, you don't see it.

But think about this: at the end of the day Rolling Stone Magazine upset a whole bunch of people, including the Mayor of Boston, the Police, the Firemen, the people that were in the blast circle, and a million other people like me.

This might be a little over simplified, but let's cut a line down the middle. On the left we'll put the people that don't want to see people hurt, in any way. I'm on this side. On the right we'll put the people that don't care if people get hurt. The bomber is on this side.

If you are against the Rolling Stone Magazine cover, you are on my side.

If you simply don't understand why there is a problem with the cover, that's fine.

But if you're standing up in favor of the cover, you're also saying that you don't care about the people that were hurt by that cover photo. Don't kid yourself, people were hurt by that cover. I was hurt by that cover. I was offended, and disgusted, and hurt.

If you want to go on about freedom of speech, or state that Rolling Stone have been a political magazine for years, or say that people are just looking for something to complain about, go right ahead.

But people were hurt by that cover, and by their lack of sensitivity. That's a fact.

If you don't care about people, well... what can I say?

The Bomber doesn't care about people either.

While I was extremely pissed off I wrote a song and stuck it on Youtube.

It's not exactly Horror Punk but it came from the heart.

Check it out:



No comments:

Post a Comment